Friday 13 May 2016

Work Diary - Ninth Shoot - Motion Blur (Night)

This shoot consisted of the exact same technique of motion blur which I used for my other motion blur shoot, the only difference being at night. (see Work Diary - Eight Shoot - Motion Blur - Day) I did this to show the comparison between time and how the same technique could be affected - I also had to experiment with the different light effect that I got from each moving vehicle.


This image is one of my favourites as it came out exactly as I hoped it will. I framed the image so that the bus comes from the left side of the image, as if it is going to go straight through the photograph. I also like how the lights from the bus has come out; in a straight line so it makes it look like the bus is going really fast and the lights also allows the bus to stand out from the rest of the scene, which is not as lit up.


This picture was not a success. The light trail is not straight or long enough, which makes it less exciting. It is also a very similar warm colour to the road and the rest of the picture, which has prevented it from standing out and being the focus of the image.

If I could do this shoot again, I would spend longer on perfecting the light trails and create longer ones, I would also experiment with angles and produce even more exciting images.

No comments:

Post a Comment