Friday 13 May 2016

Work Dairy - Fifth Shoot - Objects

 For this shoot, I wanted to use possessions and objects in order to illustrate the theme of journey as well as let the viewer connect with the subject but without actually including the subject in the photograph. This was my main aim - I was planning to do this through connotations and symbolism, by picking certain objects, which would give little clues allow the viewer to work out what the subject is like and picture them. This was harder than I thought as I had to find objects to connotate different genders as well as personalities. However, I found that by combining more than one objects and by placing them together, I could create a subject for the viewer whilst still concentrating on the theme of journey.


This photograph is very successful. I like how the colours came out very bright, attracting the viewer and automatically make the picture more appealing as well as exciting. I also like the angle I chose, allowing the viewer to have a close up of the objects, so that they can pay more attention to it rather than the rest of the picture.


Having said this, this image did is not very sharp, which has affected both the quality and the success.  I should have spent more time making sure the objects were in focus and also work on the framing as the hat was not all included.

If I could do this again, perhaps I would do it in a studio, which would allow me to manipulate the lighting to the brightness I want rather than rely on natural light.

No comments:

Post a Comment